Supply Chain Manager
- Woodland Hills
- Full Time
Date Listed: August 29, 2022
This position reports to Vice President of Manufacturing. Responsibilities include leading and managing the supply chain operation for the manufacturing department, providing oversight and management of the supply chain personnel, the development and management of the manufacturing plan, ensuring proper alignment of resources and materials required to meet manufacturing’s product delivery schedule. Works with internal and external sources (vendors, suppliers, and 3rd party manufactures) on the procurement of materials and tools required by manufacturing to be successful. Track, monitor and report progress of manufacturing deliverables against agreed schedule, identifying and correction of any variances, maintain visibility and delivery of all supply chain dependencies to successfully deliver finished product on time.
- Plan production to ensure timely fulfillment of orders, strong inventory management, and optimal production runs.
- Manage inventory levels of parts and raw materials to both avoid disruptions to production as well as minimize the excess inventory on site.
- Identify new primary and /or secondary suppliers of critical raw materials that meet/exceed quality specs.
- Read and analyze customer requirements, production schedules, manufacturing drawings and other documentation.
- Review production schedules, execute manufacturing orders and purchase orders.
- Report and monitor production progress and provide shortage information on assigned projects.
- Support manufacturing on all scheduling and material needs.
- Participate in meetings with management and other departments as required.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, multi-task and prioritize
- High sense of urgency to complete tasks.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Two to three years’ experience in the production planning & scheduling.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) is greatly desired, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word including experience in generating status reports.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Standard work week (Monday thru Friday); working 8-10 hours per day.
- Ability to remain flexible towards changes in scheduled job duties.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.