Date Listed: November 08, 2023
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Sewing Machinist to join our Textiles team at Panalux London!
Panalux is an international leader in lighting rental, catering to the world of film, television and entertainment productions. Our large and varied inventory as well as our reputation for innovation and service make us the supplier of choice for feature films, television, commercials, and live events.
In this role, you will repair, refurbish and manufacture textile products using a range of equipment, predominantly a sewing machine.
The core hours for this role are 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Monday to Friday with occasional overtime.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Repair textile products and any accessories to the required standard of safety, functionality and presentation.
- Manufacture new textile products from drawing or under instruction.
- Taking ownership of your work, using self-inspection methods to ensure that quality and safety standards are met, to the agreed timescales.
- Ensure that your working environment is tidy so that you and your colleagues can work safely, efficiently and productively.
- Light to medium lifting when moving raw stock including fabric on rolls and textile frames.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Proven experience as a Sewing Machinist or in a related role.
- Ability to operate a range of sewing machines, including industrial lockstitch sewing machines.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to improving the quality of Panalux products.
- Excellent manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive “will do, can do” attitude for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and commitment to tight deadlines and rapidly changing business demands.
If you have the skills, experience and drive to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you!