- Full Time
Date Listed: September 09, 2022
Responsible for assisting customers and providing technical support in prepping equipment
- Maintain all working functions of the prep floor, prep room, and any related areas.
- Pull and perform pre-prep quality check of equipment prior to customer arriving.
- Double check all orders with the Rental Manager and Client Services Rep.
- Address Go-Backs and Branch Transfers daily.
- Maintain all working functions of the Logistics area.
- Perform logistics duties including branch transfers, sub-rental shipments and vendor shipments
- Properly complete and maintain all related administrative duties and paperwork for Prep and Logistics
- Inform Rental manager of any prep-related issues such as shortages, add-ons and client prep needs
- Follow up on all missing and damages with Rental and Service departments.
- Field technical calls regarding equipment functions and specifications.
- Travel to productions or other offices for prep help when necessary.
- Basic knowledge or prior experience with motion picture production and on-set protocols.
- Ample working knowledge of motion picture cameras, lenses and accessories.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on a prep floor or equivalent.
- Understanding of Panavision equipment maintenance protocols.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with industry related software applications.
- Maintains measurable effectiveness under pressure.
- Manages time appropriately in a fast paced, deadline enforced environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- Uphold and follow safety guidelines and precautions to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Safe handling of solvents and other chemicals
- Safe handling of sharp and other potentially dangerous equipment
- Safe manual lifting techniques.
- Knowledge of current electrical safety standard
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a warehouse environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.