- Full Time
Date Listed: August 18, 2022
The Panastore Manager oversees the operational running of Panavision’s retail arm in the UK, progressing from the buying and purchasing through to the billing and accounting stage of the process. Managing a team of two, the role includes vendor liaison and purchasing, strong stock control, oversight of a small physical selling space plus an online shop, and the use of the quoting, invoicing and payment systems. Sales are made in person, online or via communications from production and crew over the phone or via email, and delivery of the goods in a timely and profitable manner is key while maintaining control of the stockroom and sales software. Working with internal departments such as Rental/Sales, Transport and Accounts as well as other Panavision offices and distributors, the Manager aims to meet or exceed revenue targets via a combination of strong sales and cost control and is tasked with identifying and investigating new opportunities for growth or promotions to enhance sales. The cultivation of a friendly environment of mutual trust, teamwork and involvement in the department is vital to the success of the Panastore, which is one of the frontline sections of the company in regard to customer interaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Additional duties may be assigned from time to time:
- Management of team to ensure department goals are met, including administration tasks such as rotas, absences, and appraisals.
- Support team members by offering guidance, training and problem resolution.
- Define, implement and communicate best practices, expectations and process.
- Manage the daily running of the physical and online Panastore.
- Utilise resources effectively to ensure the timely, accurate and complete fulfilment of orders.
- Provide a high level of customer service to customers, crew and colleagues.
- Maintain a high level of stock control including regular stock takes.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure good stock levels at the best price.
- Identify trends and customer needs to deliver an appropriate range of product.
- Quote, invoice and take payments accurately and oversee usage of payment methods.
- Manage and administer the purchasing process including order, check in and invoice.
- Perform regular checks of purchase and list prices of products and services to guarantee margins.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Meet or exceed revenue and sales targets where appropriate.
- Identify growth potential via new customers or expansion of sales base and/or product.
- Control costs and inventory losses.
- Use available reports and data to account for key business performance metrics.
- Provide feedback from clients for improvement or enhancement to Panavision’s products and services.
- An equal focus on sales and retail delivery of products.
- A high level of understanding of the sales process.
- Good communication skills.
- Organised, with a high level of attention to detail.
- A flexible yet methodical working approach.
- Proactive in approach to process improvements, issues and solutions.
- A focus on outstanding customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Strong leadership and coaching capabilities.
- Able to work on own initiative to meet client and company goals whilst maintaining strong interdepartmental and management relationships to support the wider company objective.
- Good inter-personal skills for effective audit and ensuring compliance.
- Able to approach problems confidently and offer solutions.
- Have a high degree of accountability.
- Able to manage multiple priorities effectively and approachably, often within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Displays an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dynamic approach to the role.
- Strong computer skills with a willingness to further train if necessary.