Operator Deliverables - Tier 3
- Light Iron
- Full Time
Date Listed: June 22, 2022
Schedule will vary, potential evening shift.
This position encompasses a wide array of tasks and responsibilities related to finishing and delivery of theatrical and episodic projects. The ideal candidate for this position has a diverse background of skills and technical abilities and is able to complete complex technical tasks in an efficient manner. Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail are a must for this position.
- Create a variety of deliverables
- Heavy spot checks with the ability to catch any issues that QC would flag and report the issues
- Set up client sessions
- Review studio specs to collaborate with producers on creating work orders and work flows
- Review QC reports and provide feedback to the production team
- Understanding of, and experience in, delivering tape and file based deliverables for episodic and theatrical projects
- Understanding of a variety of color spaces
- 3+ years’ experience in technical post production
- Dolby Vision Professional Tools is a must
- Understanding & Knowledge in the following:
- DPX/ EXR/ TIF’s
- Video Codecs: ProRes/ DNxHD/H264/xdcams
- DCDM / DCP / IMF (dolby vision/hdr10/sdr)
- Basic Audio Configurations / Dolby Atmos / 5.1/ ltrt / DME
- Aspect Ratios / Frame Rate Conversions/ Framing charts / Resolutions
- Quality Control
- Basic Title programming is a plus
- EDLs/ XMLs
- Conform / VFX Pulls pipeline is a plus
- Pan and Scans is a plus
- Colorfront Transkoder is a must
- Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve is a must
- DVS Clipster (gen 5 and gen 6) is a must
- Avid Media Composer is a must
- HDCAM SR/ HD / D5 is a must
- Adobe Premiere is a plus
- Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Apple Final Cut Pro is a plus
- Filmlight Baselight is a plus
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position. This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.