Dailies Colorist / Operator
- Light Iron
- Full Time
Date Listed: March 02, 2022
- Ingest, sync, and color of original camera footage and client media according to provided specifications.
- Work with the LI Production Team as well as client and filmmakers on each project
- Process client media according to specifications provided by Dailies Producer
- Transcode, create & apply color, sync sound, back-up, archive, and facilitate uploads
- Interact and collaborate with Client Editorial and Production Teams
- Daily internal and external communication of process and footage logs
- Report/track bugs and crashes of software/hardware
- Test new software and hardware
- Experience with digital cinema cameras (e.g., DXL, ARRI Alexa, RED Dragon, Panasonic VariCam) and their very specific related workflows
- Experience with transcoding software (e.g., Colorfront, Resolve, RedCine-X, Compressor)
- Experience with edit platforms (e.g., Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere)
- Strong knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems
- General computer networking experience
- Travel and work flexible shifts (e.g., nights, weekends, holidays)
- Extended remote location work in various regions, including international territories
- Knowledge of production set etiquette and hierarchy
- Knowledge of post production workflows
- Interest in color correction
- Experience with LTO archiving
- Scripting language capabilities (Apple script, Python)
- All other duties as assigned by Management
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as remote locations. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position will work non standard business hours with starting hours based on client demand and will require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel will be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of Panavision to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable State and Federal law.
Requisition ID: 1426