Cable Repair Technician
- Woodland Hills, Ca
- Full Time
Date Listed: January 26, 2024
The Cable Assembly Technician is a Full-Time position responsible for servicing and maintaining our Digital coax and Fiber Optic cable inventory for the Film and Broadcast Industry. This person will coordinate with the department Lead to test, troubleshoot and build cable assemblies to supplied drawings.
- Test and troubleshoot complex wire harnesses, build coax cable assemblies based on provided schematics.
- Test, troubleshoot, and process repairs on SMPTE and Telekast MX Fiber assemblies.
- Build and maintain multi-channel cable assemblies.
- Must be able to follow instruction and read diagrams to determine best diagnostic practice.
- Create labelling, and assign barcodes per department guidelines.
- Oversee cable storage, volume levels, and report inventory shortages.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation as defined by management, and per health and safety standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position regularly requires long hours and some weekend work.
Salary Range: Min $18.00 Max $19.00 / Per Hour