Receive, inspect and service equipment upon return. Identify damages and missing equipment. Prioritize equipment for servicing. Liaise with customer and all internal departments in order to communicate issues while delivering the highest customer service and quality.
Ship Equipment packages, Branch transfers and Repairs, as directed from Lead Prep Tech and Camera Operations. Communicate with customers and all necessary internal departments to deliver the highest customer service, while maintaining accurate records and paperwork.
Act as a Prep Technician for projects, as directed by Lead Prep Tech. Maintain constant communication for package changes with camera operations and the marketing representative.
• Ship and receive equipment accurately and in a timely manner ensuring all Pinnacle data is updated and correct.
• Maintain the Panavision inventory tracking system by verifying that equipment is properly engraved and bar-coded. In the event of errors or missing labels, follow company procedures to update labelling and engraving, and entering data into system.
• Using available systems and information prioritize equipment moving through Receiving.
• Receive and route sub-hire equipment as appropriate.
• Complete kits before moving equipment to the Service Department.
• Immediately identify missing items. Double check for missing items before equipment is dispersed. Conduct in-house search (within 24 hours) before contacting client and Marketing Rep.
• Identify potential damage to equipment communicating to the Service department and Marketing to decide best course of action in order to correct. This may be repair on site in the service department, return to WH for repair or refurb, or return to vendor for repair or refurb.
• Follow the company standard procedures for possible missing or damaged equipment.
• Pull and prep gear for customer orders. All equipment should be prepped the day prior to customer arrival.
• Track client adds/drops during the prep so that order can be reconciled in Pinnacle prior to shipment.
• Make sure any shortages or missing items are promptly communicated with the Marketing Rep and Rental Desk. Check system to see what crew is assigned to job and note if any special equipment is needed, any past issues with equipment, etc.
• Monitor access to store room and gear at all times.
• Maintain equipment in storeroom. Rotate equipment on an as needed basis to ensure most efficient workflow.
• Participate in on-the-job and formal training in technical and customer service aspects of role. Advancement opportunities and additional responsibilities will be dependent on success with daily tasks as well as training. Formal training is available periodically and each person is responsible for obtaining the technical and practical knowledge of equipment while meeting all of the demands of the current job scope.
• Provide ongoing process improvement suggestions to ensure the Shipping/Receiving/Prep service process meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Ensure highest level of customer satisfaction by interfacing with all internal departments while maintaining active, informative contact with client (internal or external). Ensure seamless hand off to other employees, if applicable.
• Inform supervisor of any conflict around equipment, resources, etc.as soon as possible.
• Consistently and effectively use all available systems to support processes. Utilize system information to effectively manage resources and priorities based on orders and returns. Keep system data accurate and up to date (real time) for all internal users.
• Provide direct technical support to customers and/or employees as needed.
• Successfully complete periodic certifications and testing at each level of the training program.
• Keep storage, test bays and all work areas neat and organized.
• Uphold and follow safety guidelines and precautions to prevent injuries and accidents.
• Team player. Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative. High degree of accountability and able to hold others to account.
• Able to manage multiple priorities.
• Good knowledge of all Panavision products and services. Proactive in gaining and maintaining service and technical knowledge/skill on all PV offered equipment.
• Outstanding customer service orientation, willing to go the extra mile for both internal and external customers. Exhibits initiative on all client or equipment related issues.
• Able to work and maintain effectiveness under pressure, within tight deadlines and changing priorities.
• Thorough, outstanding follow through and attention to detail. Highly organized and able to prioritize work load.
• Self starter with strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Builds and maintains effective team relationships. Strong understanding and appreciation for end to end rental process. Works effectively with supporting departments and within home department to meet customer needs.
• Flexible in approach to work and assignments. Able to adapt seamlessly to changing situations and priorities.
Health & Safety Requirements:
• Safe handling of solvents and other chemicals.
• Safe handling of sharp and other potentially dangerous equipment.
• Safe manual lifting techniques. Able to lift up to 50lbs. consistently and daily.
• Knowledge of, and adherence to, current electrical safety standards.
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a warehouse environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position generally works standard business hours, but may require overtime hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of