- New York, New York
- Part Time
Date Listed: February 03, 2023
Receive and inspect equipment and other items upon delivery to Panavision. Properly package and ship items to Panavision branches, customers and vendors. Assist with driver duties. This position falls under Local 210.
- Ship and receive equipment through the Pinnacle system by scanning and manually typing items into the computer.
- Inspect equipment and cases for damages.
- Report any missing or damaged items immediately to Logistics Lead
- Route returned equipment to designated areas or departments
- Maintain bar code integrity by ensuring that all equipment is engraved and has legible bar codes.
- Receive and document all non-rental equipment.
- Treat all equipment with and cases with care
- Pick-up/Deliver processed postage to nearest Post Office
- Deliver processed packages to nearest FedEx location
- Assist (as passenger) with local equipment package deliveries and pick-ups including studios and vendors
- Good computer skills; proficient with Micro Soft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of or prior experience with motion picture production.
- Maintains measurable effectiveness and problem solving under pressure.
- Manages time appropriately in a fast paced, deadline enforced environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative.
Health & Safety Requirements:
- Uphold and follow safety guidelines and precautions to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Safe handling of solvents and other chemicals.
- Safe handling of sharp and other potentially dangerous equipment.
- Safe manual lifting techniques. Able to lift up to 50lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Knowledge of current electrical safety standard.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a warehouse environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: $16.50-$17.00 per hour