CNC Machinist (2nd Shift)
- Woodland Hills
- Full Time
Date Listed: June 07, 2022
Responsible for operating CNC Machines.
- Setup and machine parts for cameras, lenses and accessories per blueprint designs on CNC Equipment.
- Design and make tooling and fixtures for jobs.
- Edit programs when necessary at CNC machine, (Lathes and Mills).
- Rework parts due to blueprint changes.
- Clean machine daily.
- Liaison Engineering and R&D departments relating to prototype parts.
- Maintain a neat and organized workstation as per health and safety standards.
- Other tasks and assignments as required.
- Knowledge of CNC machinery operations and set-up.
- Knowledge of tooling, fixtures and measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of programming and editing.
- Knowledge of geometry and trigonometry concepts.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements relating CNC operations.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use tools, cutting tools and gauges.
- Ability to read blueprints or work to verbal instructions.
- Ability to work to close tolerances.
- Ability to remain flexible towards changes in scheduled duties on a daily basis.
- Ability to work on own initiative without constant supervision.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.